Current version: v4.6 (updated 3rd March 2013).
No major changes for this version: just a couple of small bug fixes.
DD2 is, unsurprisingly, the sequel to DD1. The look and feel is therefore similar to that of the first game. However a number of significant improvments have been made to the game system:
DD2 features a new story line (unconnected to that of DD1). It takes place over 4 continents and ~130 levels.
* The game features non linear gameplay - feel free to explore (there are tons of side missions, secret areas and off the beaten track oddities to discover).
* There is now a proper skill system. There are 11 skills available from Pick Locks, to Dual Weapons to Curse to Gemlore.
* Monster AI has also be greatly improved (DD2 uses the A* pathfinding algorithm).
* Monsters now have proper abilities (called 'powers'): they can shoot arrows and cast spells.
* Speaking of arrows, missile combat has been implemented in DD2 (there were no missile weapons in DD1).
* Also new is mp3 quality music (if you choose to download the 'music pack').
* The level editor is more useful and much better laid out. It's now possible to completely design your own campaign using the editor, inclusing importing new item, tile and monster pics.
* A Bag of Holding has been implemented - characters can now carry twice as much once they have purchased the bag.
* There are also 'super' monsters: 3x3 tiles in size!
Download Dark Disciples 2, v4.6 (~14mb) here:
I made a bunch of music tracks (mp3s) using royalty free loops. If you want music playing in DD2, you'll need to also download the 'music pack' below. Simply unzip these files into the DD2 music directory. Note that the music download is a 85mb file.
Download DD2 music pack (~93 mb):
I've also included a CD cover image. If you want to make a backup of DD2 onto a CD and print out a cover for it, download the following file:
Download DD2 cover jpg (~3 mb):
Dark Disciples 2 Screenshots
Screen 1 : Dark Disciples 2 Title Screen
Screen 2 : The ingame map of the far Eastern lands
Screen 3 : Character Creation
Screen 4 : Inventory screen
Screen 5 : The Harbour District, Durwich
Screen 6 : Fighting a dinosaur in the Lost Valley
Screen 7 : A swampy dungeon in Kintara
Screen 8 : The Black Dungeon (Araborian desert)
Screen 9 : The oriental city of Kintara
Screen 10 : Godzilla!
Screen 11 : The Araborian city of Kalistan
Screen 12 : Cannibals in a cave
Screen 13 : A screenshot of the editor
If you have any queries or comments, I would be happy to hear from you. I am particularly interested in specific feedback about the game - what you liked and didn't like. Also, if you spot a bug, let me know! To send me an e-mail click here: